Ressources de transition pour étudiantes et étudiants universitaires
La présente liste de ressources vise à renforcer les connaissances et les compétences nécessaires pour assurer le succès des études universitaires. Les programmes suivants sont accessibles à celles et ceux qui fréquentent une université de l’Ontario.
Il ne s’agit pas d’une liste exhaustive, puisque les universités apportent régulièrement des ajustements à ces services.
Vous avez des questions ou vous avez besoin d’information? Communiquez directement avec l’université en question.
- Assists those with an insufficient background in chemistry to succeed in required year 1 CHEM 1F92.
- Can be applied toward degree as an elective credit.
- Tuition fees apply.
- Through ExperienceBU, you can find and connect to clubs and organizations, events, workshops, communities, services and supports, and co-curricular experiences.
- The CWC is a collection of opportunities that are designed to help you make the most of your Brock experience.
- The CWC offers a "First Year Experience Track", designed to provide you with a starting point for getting involved outside of the classroom.
- Provides a welcoming, supportive and inclusive environment for Aboriginal students and visitors to our campus.
- Assists all Aboriginal students, including First Nations, Métis and Inuit, make the transition to the Brock community, and provides support and resources to enhance academic success and cultural identity.
- Offers assistance to all international students at Brock through one-on-one appointments, webinars, virtual events and more.
- Provides guidance through all stages of applying to Brock, travelling to Canada and making the most of life on campus.
- Skills workshops, academic drop-in support, and tutoring throughout academic term. Available in-person and online.
- Online interactive skills tutorials and tip sheets in areas, such as essay writing, exam preparation, note-taking and time management.
- Free, drop-in help for students registered in first-year math courses.
- Discuss questions about course concepts or material with course-specific teaching assistants, who are available at select times each week.
- Offers online interactive skill tutorials on academic writing, grammar, numeracy and science that engage you through video, examples and game-like exercises. Includes modules that provide you with the fundamental skills needed for successful academic writing and mathematical operations.
- Free Academic-Zone that provides academic support to help you achieve your full potential in university and beyond (non-credit, registration required).
- Free workshops that support academic learning and study skills (non-credit, registration required).
- Tutoring (fees apply, non-credit, registration required).
- First-year orientation programs include: Smart Start, LEAP, BaseCamp and BU101.
- Incoming students learn about student supports and services, ways to be successful, how to make the most of campus life and the community, course registration support and more.
- Non-credit; registration required.
- A week of scheduled orientation activities, programs and supports that welcome you to the Brock community.
- Non-credit; registration and drop-in.