Ressources de transition pour étudiantes et étudiants universitaires
La présente liste de ressources vise à renforcer les connaissances et les compétences nécessaires pour assurer le succès des études universitaires. Les programmes suivants sont accessibles à celles et ceux qui fréquentent une université de l’Ontario.
Il ne s’agit pas d’une liste exhaustive, puisque les universités apportent régulièrement des ajustements à ces services.
Vous avez des questions ou vous avez besoin d’information? Communiquez directement avec l’université en question.
University of Guelph
- Science Commons, a dedicated space for chemistry and physics teaching assistants (TAs) to help students enrolled in UG CHEM and PHYS courses.
- The library offers many resources to help you prepare for and write exams.
- Provides assistance to help you enhance your skills and academic performance.
- Our professional staff, peer helpers and student athlete mentors provide information, individual and small group assistance, workshops and in-class sessions dealing with:
- Time management, project management and balancing life and academics
- Presentation and speaking skills, including poster presentations
- Controlling procrastination and perfectionism
- Exam preparation
- Working in groups
- Critical reading and learning from texts
- Learning in large lectures
- Concentration and memory enhancement
- Collaborative programs and partnerships:
- Engineering Peer Helpers
- Indigenous Learning Peer Helpers
- Learning Support for Science Students (LS3)
- Residence Life Staff Academic Support
- Studying Support
- Supported Learning Groups (SLGs)
- Peer-led study groups in historically challenging courses. They give you a more in-depth understanding of the course content as you learn in a small online group format.
- Academic Action Program
- A one-to-one academic coaching program to help you enhance your academic potential.
- Student Athlete Mentorship (SAM):
- Book an appointment for advice and information about developing effective strategies and study approaches for different types of courses and for ideas on how to create an Academic Action Plan.
- Appointments are free and confidential.
- The Math & Stats Learning Centre is a drop-in space where a team of tutors can help you understand and solve course work problems.
Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
- Facilitates a variety of programs and services to assist students with disabilities to participate fully in university life and maximize campus accessibility.
- SAS is for students who experience all types of disabilities, including (but not limited to) ADD/ADHD, hearing, learning, medical, mobility, psychological/emotional and vision.
- Available to full-time or part-time, graduate and undergraduate students.
- The SAS also has a number of services available to students with temporary disabilities.
- You become eligible for our programs and services when you register with the SAS and provide documentation to support your disability.
- We are with you from start to finish during your time as a Gryphon. We focus on you as a person, helping you to leverage your skills and strengths to live and learn at university. Some of our programs include:
- Bounce Back – An optional program for first- and second-year students who struggled with their academics in their first semester.
- STARTonTrack – For you if you want to start your first semester off right by planning ahead.
Supported Learning Groups (SLG)
- Free course-specific support outside of classes that is available for regular or drop-in attendance.
- Depending on the course, SLGs may be offered virtually, face to face, or a hybrid of both formats.
- University staff and trained upper-year undergraduate students help you succeed in historically challenging courses.
- Sessions are peer-led study groups that review course material and demonstrate new approaches to difficult concepts.
- We offer writing appointments, workshops and help in all aspects of writing:
- Citations and bibliographies
- Grammar and style
- Writing specific types of papers
- Writing papers in different disciplines
- We offer free, confidential, individual and group writing appointments to help you improve your writing.
- Writing appointments can be pre-booked or you can drop in for a same-day writing appointment.
- English as an Additional Language Support.