Ressources de transition pour étudiantes et étudiants universitaires
La présente liste de ressources vise à renforcer les connaissances et les compétences nécessaires pour assurer le succès des études universitaires. Les programmes suivants sont accessibles à celles et ceux qui fréquentent une université de l’Ontario.
Il ne s’agit pas d’une liste exhaustive, puisque les universités apportent régulièrement des ajustements à ces services.
Vous avez des questions ou vous avez besoin d’information? Communiquez directement avec l’université en question.
University of Guelph-Humber
Services are offered by the University of Guelph-Humber and Humber College.
- Speak with a program-specific Career Services Coordinator for personalized career advice.
- Whether you are looking for a job, working on your resumé, developing networking skills or defining your career goals, we can help.
First Year Experience (FYE) Program
- Your FYE Leader will mentor and support you as you adjust to being a university student.
- Throughout the summer, receive information about important dates, campus resources and tips for success.
- Meet other first-year students in your program, both online and at Orientation, and attend social events and FYE sessions to make the most of your first year.
- Sessions that help you,your family members and supporters with the transition from secondary to postsecondary education.
- Topics include: Course selection, financial services and wellness supports.
- LSPs are current students who are available to offer support and provide general information about programs, assist with course selection, provide direction in the area of academic resources and personal support services and inform you of policies and procedures.
- LSPs also offer a series of Learning Skills Workshops, such as:
- Exam preparation
- Reading and note-taking
- Time management
- Memory strategies
- Stress management
- Presentation skills
- You can receive support in math, including specific resources, workshops and related activities.
- Connect with other incoming students at this fun, students-only, official welcome to life at the University.
- We will get you set for classes and show you how to get involved.
- Offers one-on-one assistance for students having difficulties in specific courses.
- Meet with your program-specific Placement Coordinator to help with your questions and plans for your placement or internship.
- Provides new students with disabilities with resources and information to assist in transitioning to postsecondary studies.
- Students can explore services, learn about accessing academic accommodations and meet returning students registered with Accessible Learning Services.
- Whether you want to work on your thesis development, essay structure, research skills or points of grammar, our friendly staff offer personalized instruction on an appointment basis.