McMaster is located in Hamilton, Ontario – the fifth largest city in Ontario, the tenth largest city in Canada and about a 45-minute drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls. Hamilton is a vast multicultural city that is an urban and industrial centre and offers a variety of educational, cultural and recreational opportunities. Our 12-hectare main campus, bordered by the Royal Botanical Gardens, is considered to be one of the most attractive in Canada. The architecture offers a harmonious blend of the traditional with the ultra-modern.
- Home to more than 68 Canada Research Chairs, and 80 research centres and institutes.
- More than 170,000 alumni, living in 137 countries.
- With a total sponsored research income of $434.7 million (Research Infosource 2017), McMaster University ranks seventh in the country in research intensity.
- The only North American host site of a United Nations university.
- Interdisciplinary learning is a hallmark of McMaster.