University of Toronto – Scarborough
About U of T
The University of Toronto is a global leader in research and teaching. We provide diverse and extensive areas of study organized around intimate learning communities. That is what creates an exceptional learning environment for our students.
- #1 University in Canada (2024 QS World University Rankings, 2023 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2023 U.S. News & World Report Best Global Universities rankings)
- #1 Most Innovative University in Canada (Reuters’ ranking of 100 most innovative universities)
- #2 University in North America among public institutions (2024 QS World University Rankings)
- #2 University globally in social and environmental sustainability (2024 QS World University Rankings)
- #1 University in Canada and #21 University globally in graduate employability (2024 QS World University Rankings)
About U of T Scarborough
An anchor institution in the eastern Greater Toronto Area, U of T Scarborough combines the intimacy of a close-knit campus with the breadth of the liberal arts and the depth and rigour of one of the world’s best research universities. Fostering a vibrant culture of community engagement, U of T Scarborough students cross academic and geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
The dynamic campus life features more than 200 student groups. Located next to popular natural landmarks in Toronto’s greenest area, U of T Scarborough is situated in one of Toronto’s most diverse and multicultural neighbourhoods.
Investing in the Future of Health Care
Scarborough and the Eastern Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is a growing and vibrant, diverse region. To support the needs of our community, U of T Scarborough will equip the region’s future health-care practitioners through the Scarborough Academy of Medicine and Integrated Health (SAMIH), scheduled to open in 2026.
SAMIH will extend the impact of U of T’s health education programs including the Temerty Faculty of Medicine—ranked 5th in the world in 2022 for clinical medicine and health education — and quickly advance the region’s clinical capacity across a range of disciplines.
SAMIH will introduce U of T Scarborough-based programs for:
- Physical Therapists
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
Co-op and Experiential Learning
U of T Scarborough is the University of Toronto’s co-op campus, offering 50+ co-op programs in arts, sciences, and management.
- Stand out with 8 to 16 months of full-time, paid on-the-job experience aligned with your field of study.
- Gain a competitive edge by developing the skills, knowledge, and expertise necessary to secure a rewarding career after graduation or go on to graduate school and professional programs.
Experiential learning, or learning through experience, allows you to acquire new skills and understand workplace practices. It connects academic experiences and classroom learning to real world contexts, including engagement with local communities and various professional settings. This, in turn, fosters personal and professional development opportunities, while preparing you for life after graduation! Moreover, through experiential learning, you bridge the gap between theory and practice, fostering critical thinking, self-confidence, and informed decision-making.
Experiential learning opportunities at U of T Scarborough include but are not limited to:
- Co-op placements
- Community-engaged learning and organization-partnered projects
- Field work and experiences
- International experiences
- Land-based learning
- Performance and artistic productions
- Research opportunities
- Simulated work experiences
- Work-Integrated Learning
- Work Study