University of Waterloo
Who We Are
The University of Waterloo is Canada’s innovation university: A place where you can go beyond ideas and turn them into action. Our unmatched entrepreneurial culture, intense focus on research, and broad range of programs make us one of the country's top ranked universities. Find out more at Waterloo's future student website.
- Canada’s most innovative university for 28 years in a row (Maclean’s magazine).
- More than 100 programs to choose from – many that are unique to Waterloo.
- No one else does co-op like Waterloo. Graduate with up to 2 years’ paid work experience and potential co-op earnings of $33,000 to $90,000. Apply to jobs with 7,000 co-op employers in North America's largest co-op program.
- Waterloo's students are successful; they have some of the highest graduation and degree completion rates in Ontario.
- Residence is guaranteed for first-year and transfer students.
- With more than 1,000 start-up companies, Waterloo is among Canada's leading universities for helping students turn their creative ideas into action.
- Located 110 km west of Toronto in a clean, safe, mid-sized city that's home to 2 universities and a college.
- Among the country's largest campus recreation programs with dozens of intramural sports, tournaments and clubs, including soccer, ice hockey, volleyball, and flag football.
- More than 250 student clubs, including Canada's oldest university LGBTQ organization.
- New student facilities include a $17-million athletics field house for year-round intramural and varsity sports and a $31-million addition to student life, dining, and athletics facilities.