Western is delighted to announce the introduction of the following new degree, diploma and certificate programs. For more information, visit our website.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Introduction of a Creative Arts subject area
Commercial Aviation Mangement
- Mandatory Supplementary Application form due February 15.
- Flight Option:
- A valid Transport Canada Category 1 Medical Certificate is required before flight training can begin.
- 2 hours of small aircraft flying time is highly recommended.
- Physics (SPH4U) is recommended.
- Students considering the Honors Specialization in Health Sciences with Biology will need Chemistry (SCH4U) in order to fulfill the first-year Chemistry requirements of the module.
- A Grade 12 U level Math and Grade 11 or 12 U level Physics are recommended to prepare for senior Kinesiology subjects in biomechanics, research methods and statistics.
- It is strongly recommended that students interested in the BSc program take an additional Science course from: Chemistry (SCH4U), Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U), Advanced Functions (MHF4U), or Physics (SPH4U).
- Chemistry (SCH4U) is a prerequisite for first-year Chemistry courses.
Management & Organizational Studies
- Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) and/or a university Calculus course is required prior to taking mandatory upper-year Economics courses in Finance and pursuing a Major or Honors Specialization in Economics.
- Audition, interview, piano proficiency and theory placement requirements for each program can be found on the Faculty of Music website.
- Although Western offers first-year Physics courses that do not require high school Physics as a prerequisite, it is strongly recommended that students complete Physics (SPH4U).
School of Nursing
- Mandatory CASPer® test for applicants to the Western-Fanshawe Collaborative BScN and the Compressed Time Frame BScN program.
- First-year Biology and Chemistry courses require Biology (SBI4U) and Chemistry (SCH4U), respectively.
- First-year Biology and Chemistry courses are required for all modules offered by the Department of Biology and for some modules offered by the Department of Chemistry and other Science departments.
- Specializations and Majors in Psychology require a first-year university math course; therefore, any 4U math is highly recommended for this program.
- Math is helpful as a preparation for Sociology and Geography programs.
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U) and Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) are required for all Economics modules.
- Biology (SBI4U), Chemistry (SCH4U) and Physics (SPH4U) are highly recommended for the BSc in Psychology – see Western's Calendar.