University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
- Academic Skills Workshops:
- Being an Online Learner
- Reading Academic Articles and Textbooks
- Note-taking for University
- Time Management and Beating Procrastination
- Setting Goals for Success
- Study Smarter, Not Harder
- Mastering the Multiple Choice Test
- Mastering Short Answer Questions
- Communication Skills Workshops:
- Improved Presentations
- Effective Group Work
- Online Learning Support:
- A comprehensive web page featuring information, guidance, tips, tools and resources to support your academic performance online.
- SSC Virtual Front Desk Live Chat:
- Get answers to questions about SSC programs and services. The live chat is open Monday to Friday, 10 am to 2 pm.
- Writing Skills Workshops:
- Making the Most of Your Sources
- University Essays 101
- Writing a Clear, Concise and Contentious Thesis Statement
- Strategies for Essay Revision
- Taking Research Notes
- How To Write a Lab Report