University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
- Provides support for students in the exploration of ideas and approaches for writing, research, critical thinking, studio process and academic study.
- Provides comprehensive information and tutorials with respect to OCAD University’s mandatory laptop programs and various technology platforms, including student email, print accounts and the course learning management system (Canvas).
- Participate in orientation to technology, as well as online technology training.
- The Dorothy H. Hoover Library offers one-on-one research assistance and conducts seminars and workshops to help you find, retrieve and evaluate information sources.
- Orientation activities welcome you to the OCAD U community.
- These information sessions will teach you how to use your program guide, plan courses and register, and orient you to our student portal, website, student information systems and other tools and services you’ll be using during your time at OCAD U.
- In addition to providing year-round learning support and academic accommodations to students with disabilities, Student Accessibility Services offers transition programs for new students with disabilities who will be attending OCAD University.