University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
University of Ottawa
We are committed to providing students with an environment favorable to their success.
- Academic Writing Help Centre
- Mentoring and Study groups
Help with course enrollment, as well as on-campus workshops and information sessions.
This web page is your go-to resource for everything related to your transition to University! It includes essential tasks like:
- Getting your first student card
- Managing your studies
- U-Pass transit card
Regional Mentors help you find the academic and personal support you need. Get advice from peers who have been through the same experience.
The University is committed to providing students with disabilities academic accommodations to allow them an equitable opportunity to fully access and participate in the learning environment with dignity and autonomy.
Student health and wellness is a top priority at the University of Ottawa. We are here to support your health and wellness throughout your academic journey.
- Student Health and Wellness Centre: Access to physical health, mental health, and health promotion and education services
- Online Peer Chat service
- Wellness lounge and wellness themed study spaces
- Wellness resources and workshops on different health topics
- Open house and information evenings. Come out and see us. Our representatives will be on hand to answer questions.
- Help for international and exchange students, including workshops on adjusting to Canadian culture and learning efficient study techniques.
- Help with research, reserving a group study room and publishing support.
- Academic and cultural support for First Nations, Métis and Inuit students.
- The University of Ottawa is committed to maintaining a campus that promotes respect for the dignity of every individual and a community that is free from sexual harassment, discrimination and violence. Our goal is to make our University a place where students, faculty and staff can feel safe and secure. We pledge to foster mutual respect and create a campus where any survivors of sexual violence can get the support they need.
- The University of Ottawa Students’ Union offers a range of services: