University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
- Offers regular events and one-on-one mentoring aimed to help you develop the skills you need to succeed academically, personally and socially.
- Offers academic support to help you develop your skills in critical thinking, reading, learning, studying, writing and self-management.
- Helps you:
- Prepare effectively for new academic expectations.
- Prepare for potential personal stresses and academic pressure points during first year.
- Make the most of services and resources to support student learning and academic success.
- Anticipate important academic dates and deadlines.
- Navigate administrative processes, including academic registration and financial accounts.
- Get tips for staying healthy and getting involved in the campus community.
- You participate in a 1-day program in summer; there are specific dates for each faculty.
- 1-day program for international students new to Queen’s.
- Offers incoming students a chance to meet other Indigenous students by allowing first-year and transfer Indigenous students the opportunity to move in to residences 1 day early.