University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
University of Toronto
Engineering Academic Success Centre
- Free academic assistance for Engineering students.
- For first-year students.
- Variety of options for all interests.
- Academic and extracurricular opportunities.
- For all registered students.
- Drop-in centres for all Arts and Science students.
- Tutors available on a one-on-one basis.
- During the school year.
- Free service.
- This course teaches the material required for first-year calculus.
- In-class instruction, 2 times/week.
- Fee: $600.
- Takes place your first week on campus.
- Includes a variety of events to help familiarize yourself with all the programs and services U of T has to offer.
- A fun way to get involved and meet new people.
- Starting Point, previously known as the Blueprint program, is a build-your-own-experience program that introduces you to all that U of T has to offer and will set you up for success during your first year.
- My First Six Weeks is a workshop series designed to help you transition smoothly to life as a U of T student. The program features 6 weekly workshops that will help you develop your academic skills, learn about helpful campus resources, explore exciting involvement opportunities and gain new insights about yourself.