University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
University of Toronto – Mississauga
Academic Culture and English Program
- For students who require additional English-language skills training.
- Discover the University of Toronto Mississauga (UTM) campus and meet new friends as you become prepared for your first week of classes.
- Interactive sessions featuring senior student panels, course instructors and simulated classroom experiences that introduce you to university expectations.
- EagleConnect pre-arrival transition program
- LAUNCH mentorship sessions
- Parent & Family Program
- A comprehensive guide outlining all of the necessary steps to prepare you for a successful start to your university experience.
- A program for parents and families of new UTM students to learn about the transition into life at UTM.
Pre-Arrival Information for International Students
- Information and resources for international students transitioning to life in Canada.
- An annual week of LGBTQ-focused programming across all 3 campuses of U of T during the month of September.
- Get to know your new home, neighbours and residence community.
Summer Academic Skills Institute (S.A.S.I.)
- Comprehensive learning skills program for students with disabilities.
- Academic & International Learning Supports
- Assistance & Services
- Equity & Inclusivity
- Leadership & Involvement