About Algoma University
Innovative. Intimate. Impactful.
What makes us different is YOU!
The unique life experiences you bring to campus are an essential part of the Algoma difference. Learning is personal here; our intimate scale means every voice is heard and valued. Small seminars, hands-on labs, faculty and staff who care about your goals, innovative programs and research, our special mission of cross-cultural exchange – they enrich every aspect of Algoma life and learning. But the impact is mutual. We can’t wait to learn from you, and with you, because there’s so much more we can achieve, together.
For students, choosing Algoma University means…
More personal learning
- Intimate scale; meaningful connections with faculty, staff and peers; tailored programs and support.
Rich cross-cultural advantages
- Invaluable cross-cultural and international insights give our grads strong leadership advantages.
- High-demand, innovative career paths; undergrads involved in vital issues and cutting-edge research; change-focused experiences.
- 3 unique and growing campuses in Sault Ste. Marie, Brampton and Timmins
- Intimate learning environment with just over 3,000 total students
- Average class size of 30 students
- 14:1 student-faculty ratio
- Over $1 million in scholarships and awards distributed annually
Faculties and Professional Schools:
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- School of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Sciences
- School of Life Sciences and the Environment
- School of Computer Science and Technology
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Social Work
- Faculty of Cross-Cultural Studies
To learn more about the Algoma University experience, visit our Future Students website.