Offers of Admission
Basic Requirements for Admission
All programs at Toronto Metropolitan University (TMU) have academic requirements. Some programs require more:
- Grades-Only programs select students on the basis of academic performance.
- Grades-Plus programs select students on the basis of academic performance plus non-academic requirements, such as auditions, interviews, portfolios, essays, etc. If distance does not permit travel to our campus, selection methods may include online interviews, video auditions, questions and answers, and/or essays. Non-academic requirements are generally due by the Guaranteed Consideration Date (February 1). However, it is important that you do not submit non-academic requirements until after you have actually submitted your application for admission and have received your TMU Student Number. Your TMU Student Number must be included on all non-academic requirements you submit.
Minimum admission requirements (subject to change):
- Completion of the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD)
- 6 Grade 12 U/M courses with a minimum overall average of 70%.
- All programs have prerequisite subject requirements. Grades required for admission are determined on the basis of competition each year.
TMU receives more applications than spaces available. Possession of the minimum requirements, averages and/or grades does not guarantee admission. Due to competition, admission is offered to the best-qualified candidates. Actual grade ranges required for fall 2024 admission/wait list consideration will be determined as grades become available. Applicants educated outside of Ontario are required to present the equivalent of the Ontario requirements. TMU reserves the right to determine equivalency at its sole discretion.
TMU may use Grade 11 results in the early admission selection process. You must be enrolled in, currently completing or have completed your program’s admission requirements at the time you apply.
All fall 2024 applicants, including those given an early or conditional Offer of Admission, are required to successfully complete all admission requirements by June 30, 2024 (unless otherwise stated). In many cases, this will exclude the possibility of using summer school, night school, virtual school and/or distance education courses completed after this date to meet admission requirements. However, some TMU programs may consider extensions beyond June 30, 2024.
Failed and Repeated Courses
We will calculate your overall average using the final marks from your best 6 Grade 12 U/M courses, which may include repeated/upgraded course marks.
Timing and Process for Admission Decisions
February 1, 2024 is the Guaranteed Consideration Date for all programs.
Subject to space availability in programs, applications, amendments and supporting documents may be reviewed after the Guaranteed Consideration Date for fall admission. Some part-time undergraduate programs also accept applications for the winter and spring terms. Some full-time programs may accept applications for the winter term from international students. Visit our Application Dates page for details.
We anticipate that the majority of decisions will be made between February and the end of May 2024 based on application processing timeframes and timelines for evaluating non-academic requirements.
Admission averages presented on OUInfo are estimates only and are subject to change. Find further information in TMU's Undergraduate Calendar(s).