University of Waterloo
Who We Are
The University of Waterloo is where you can go beyond ideas and turn them into action. Our unmatched entrepreneurial culture, intense focus on research, and broad range of programs make us one of the country's top ranked universities. Find out more at our future student website.
- Canada’s most innovative university for 28 years in a row (Maclean’s magazine).
- More than 100 programs to choose from – many that are unique to Waterloo and are ranked among the top in the world.
- No one else does co-op like Waterloo. Graduate with up to 2 years’ paid work experience while taking advantage of our huge network of co-op employers – the largest of any university in North America! Our students earn between $8,400 and $18,000 per work term in Canada (and programs have 4 to 6 co-op terms).
- Waterloo's students are successful; they have some of the highest graduation and degree completion rates in Ontario.
- Residence is guaranteed for first-year and transfer students.
- With more than 1,000 start-up companies, Waterloo is among Canada's leading universities for helping students turn their creative ideas into action.
- Located 110 km west of Toronto in a clean, safe, mid-sized city that's home to 2 universities and a college.
- Among the country's largest campus recreation programs with dozens of intramural sports, tournaments and clubs, including soccer, ice hockey, volleyball and flag football.
- More than 250 student clubs, including Canada's oldest university LGBTQ organization.
- New student facilities include a $17-million athletics field house for year-round intramural and varsity sports, and a $31-million addition to student life, dining and athletics facilities.