Western is delighted to announce the introduction of the following new degree, diploma and certificate programs. For more information, visit the the Western website.
Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- New Minor and Certificate in Art History
- New Minor and Certificate in Museum and Curatorial Studies
- New Minor and Certificate in Photography
- New Minor and Certificate in Studio Art
Faculty of Science
- New Minor in Applied Statistics
- New Minor in Applied Financial Modelling
- New Minor in Data Science
- Introduction of a new WISc stream for Integrated Science with Astrophysics
Faculty of Social Sciences
- New Major and an Honors Specialization in Democratic Governance
- New Major and an Honors Specialization in Global Justice
New Honors Specialization in Politics, Philosophy and Economics – Politics and Philosophy Concentration (PPE-P) and HBA Combined Degree Program
New Honors Specialization in Politics, Philosophy and Economics – Economics Concentration (PPE-E) and HBA Combined Degree Program
- DAN Management & Organizational Studies: New Specialization and an Honors Specialization in Management and Legal Studies
- First Nations studies has been renamed as Indigenous Studies
- The Honors Specialization in Professional Kinesiology has been renamed as the Honors Specialization in Clinical Kinesiology
The Major in Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures has been renamed as the Major in Spanish
Minor in Spanish Language and Hispanic Cultures has been renamed as the Minor in Spanish
['UNIVERSITY:admissions_updates' not found!]
Commercial Aviation Mangement
- Mandatory Supplementary Application form due February 15.
- Flight Option:
- A valid Transport Canada Category 1 Medical Certificate is required before flight training can begin.
- Two hours of small aircraft flying time is highly recommended.
- Physics SPH4U is recommended.
- Students considering the Honors Specialization in Health Sciences with Biology will need Chemistry SCH4U in order to fulfill the first year Chemistry requirements of the module.
- A Grade 12 U level Math and Grade 11 or 12 U level Physics are recommended to prepare for senior Kinesiology subjects in biomechanics, research methods and statistics.
- It is strongly recommended that students interested in the BSc program take an additional Science course from: Chemistry SCH4U, Calculus and Vectors MCV4U, Advanced Functions MHF4U, or Physics SPH4U.
- Chemistry SCH4U is a prerequisite for first year Chemistry courses.
Managment & Organizational Studies
- Calculus and Vectors MCV4U and/or a university Calculus course is required prior to taking mandatory upper-year Economics courses in Finance and pursuing a Major or Honors Specialization in Economics.
- Audition, Interview, Piano Proficiency and Theory Placement requirements for each program can be found on the Faculty of Music website.
- Although Western offers first-year Physics courses that do not require secondary school Physics as a prerequisite, it is strongly recommended that students complete Physics, SPH4U
School of Nursing
- Mandatory CASPer test for applicants to the Western-Fanshawe Collaborative BScN and the Compressed Time Frame BScN program
- CASPer test: takecasper.com
- First-year Biology and Chemistry courses require Biology SBI4U and Chemistry SCH4U, respectively.
- First-year Biology and Chemistry courses are required for all modules offered by the Department of Biology and for some modules offered by the Department of Chemistry and other Science departments.
- Specializations and Majors in Psychology require a first-year university math course; therefore, any 4U math is highly recommended for this program.
- Math is helpful as a preparation for Sociology and Geography programs.
- Advanced Functions (MHF4U) and Calculus and Vectors (MCV4U) are required for all Economics modules.
- Biology (SBI4U), Chemistry (SCH4U) and Physics (SPH4U) are highly recommended for the BSc in Psychology – see Western's Calendar.