Ressources de transition pour étudiantes et étudiants universitaires
La présente liste de ressources vise à renforcer les connaissances et les compétences nécessaires pour assurer le succès des études universitaires. Les programmes suivants sont accessibles à celles et ceux qui fréquentent une université de l’Ontario.
Il ne s’agit pas d’une liste exhaustive, puisque les universités apportent régulièrement des ajustements à ces services.
Vous avez des questions ou vous avez besoin d’information? Communiquez directement avec l’université en question.
Wilfrid Laurier University
- Accessible learning support is available to full- and part-time undergraduate and graduate students who have a permanent or temporary disability. Build your academic accommodation plan and learn more about the various programs and services available to you as a Laurier student by participating in the Golden Hawk’s Orientation to Accessible Learning (GOAL).
Laurier 101: New Student Orientation & Transition
- Laurier 101 is a campus-wide, incoming student program that supports you from the time you accept your offer until the first week of classes and beyond.
- The Laurier 101 program includes:
- Registration Webinars: Hosted every year in early June, the webinars provide guidance and support as you choose your courses and design your first-year class schedule.
- Summer Webinar Series: Offered throughout the summer, the webinars will highlight the differences between high school and university. Sessions will provide you with an opportunity to connect with senior students, staff and faculty, and learn more about campus resources and extracurricular opportunities.
- Hawk Talks: Chat with senior students to gain insights about what it is really like to be a Laurier Golden Hawk.
- Orientation Week: Helps you navigate your first week at Laurier. Through a combination of academic and social activities, Orientation Week introduces you to your program, campus resources and extracurricular opportunities, and shows you what it means to be a Golden Hawk.
- Math & Statistics Learning Support: Aids you in the transition from high school to university-level mathematics. Supports include weekly homework sessions, drop-in help, mock tests, exam reviews and diagnostic and review services to refresh your knowledge of fundamental math skills.
- TriAGe: Helps prepare you if you plan to enroll in an entry-level university calculus course by reinforcing fundamental skills in trigonometry, algebra and geometry. TriAGe is available online throughout the summer and both in class and online throughout the summer.
- Writing Services: Help you develop the writing skills needed to succeed in your academic studies. Writing support includes one-on-one writing appointments with a student or professional staff member, on-campus, in-class and online writing workshops, and online writing resources.
- Study Skills & Course Support: Enhances your academic life through the promotion of effective learning strategies and study skills that you need to succeed academically. Services include individual and small-group consultations, on-campus, in-class, in-residence and online workshops, and academic success programs for varsity athletes, Indigenous students and academically at-risk students.
- A centralized resource for all student wellness services and support, including physical health services, mental wellness support and counselling. Laurier’s student health care plan covers services provided through appointment and drop-in hours.
- Located centrally on campus within steps of student residences and academic buildings.