University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
University of Ottawa – Saint Paul University
- Academic accommodations contribute to the creation of an inclusive environment. Accommodation Services develops strategies and implements measures that aim to reduce the barriers to learning for students who have learning disabilities, or health, psychiatric or physical conditions.
- Psychotherapists are available for individual personal sessions, in a strictly confidential environment, to help you cope with issues affecting your life.
Indigenous Initiatives Service
- The Service is working to create a safe and appropriate space to support Indigenous students (status and non-status First Nations, Métis and Inuit) throughout their university career.
- Essential information for new Saint Paul University international students.
- Offered by the library, these workshops help you transition to university and prepare for exams, essays, etc.
- This activity-filled week provides a variety of resources to help you integrate into university life at Saint Paul University.
- Saint Paul’s Recruitment Office offers a variety of activities, such as an Open House and the Shape Your Future with SPU event, to help you navigate our programs, admission requirements, admission process and services.
Saint Paul University Writing Centre
- Writing and assignment advisors assist with organizing, presenting and structuring your papers and avoiding plagiarism.