University Student Transition Resources
This list of resources is meant to reinforce learning and the skills needed for academic success in university. The following programs are available to all students attending Ontario universities.
This list is not intended to be all-inclusive, partly because universities regularly make adjustments to services.
Have questions or need more information? Contact the appropriate university directly.
University of Waterloo – St. Jerome's University
- Designs and facilitates academic accommodation plans if you have a permanent, temporary or suspected disability.
- Removes barriers and builds your capacity for personal success by working with you, your instructor and others to ensure your accommodation plan is successfully implemented.
- Provides confidential primary medical care and mental health services using an inclusive, connected and collaborative approach.
- A fun opportunity to connect with your classmates, experience the unique traditions of Waterloo and your faculty, get familiar with your new community and learn more about what Waterloo has to offer.
- Check out St. Jerome's specific programming as well.
- We offer programming and events for international students.
- Parents and supporters are invited to a live chat as part of Waterloo Ready.
- Our parent and supporter guide offers tips for parents about what to expect when their child starts university.
- A monthly email newsletter is available for parents and supporters of first-year students.
- Your SJU/UWaterloo life is just 1 click away. Find all the resources and supports you need to be successful at UWaterloo.
- Additional SJU resources.
- Tap into person care from your Academic Advisor.
- Maximize your potential through academic coaching.
- Match your needs to campus resources.
- Visit the SJU Peer Academic Leaders (PALs) for success coaching and resource referrals.
- Lead with confidence and build more than just your resumé with more than 100 student leadership opportunities.
- Check out the Waterloo Student Success Office for additional services, including an international peer community, free immigration consulting, and international exchange opportunities.
- Waterloo Ready is a transition program for new Waterloo students.
- It gives you the opportunity to connect with other students, learn insider tips and access resources to successfully navigate your first year – and all before the school year begins!
- Appointments, online workshops, English conversation circles and more to help you work through all stages of the communication process.