Ressources de transition pour étudiantes et étudiants universitaires
La présente liste de ressources vise à renforcer les connaissances et les compétences nécessaires pour assurer le succès des études universitaires. Les programmes suivants sont accessibles à celles et ceux qui fréquentent une université de l’Ontario.
Il ne s’agit pas d’une liste exhaustive, puisque les universités apportent régulièrement des ajustements à ces services.
Vous avez des questions ou vous avez besoin d’information? Communiquez directement avec l’université en question.
- Free undergraduate tutoring and writing support services in a wide variety of academic disciplines.
- Drop-in hours and appointment times available throughout the academic year.
- Seminars and workshops on academic writing, avoiding plagiarism, referencing and citations take place throughout the year.
- Offers resumé and cover letter review, interview and job searching assistance, career exploration services and assessments, and mentorship programs.
- Offers 6 career fairs serving a variety of disciplines between both campuses.
- Provides networking opportunities with employers.
- Free pre-orientation program that helps you get a head start on preparing for the transition to university.
- Work one-on-one with our advisors to get personalized assistance with course registration and prepare for the start of the new year.
- Register or drop in.
- Located in the heart of the Thunder Bay campus.
- Find English-language classes and all international student services.
- Connect with other students in the International Lounge, where you can relax between classes.
Orientation Activities (Students)
- Participate in free, comprehensive, interactive and fun events at Orientation.
- Topics include: Academic success from day 1, accessing student support services, health and safety, and opportunities to get involved.
- No registration required.
Student Accessibility Services (SAS)
- Coordinates services and facilitates the provision of reasonable academic accommodations for students with permanent or temporary disabilities and/or medical conditions.
- SAS staff collaborate with students, staff and faculty to develop strategies for a successful learning experience while maintaining the academic standards and integrity of the University.
- A convenient way to conduct all academic business and receive the best advice on achieving an academic goal.
- Get help with course selection, navigating the student portal, myInfo and more.
- Dedicated Student Central Professionals are available to answer all your questions from the start of your academic journey through to graduation.
- Drop in and book a session on most days.
- Includes Orientation and transition programming.
- Connect with a Student Success Advisor to discover resources and strategies to help you achieve academic success.
- Connect with the Co-op Officer for support with the co-operative education program.
- Academic skills workshops: Note-taking and time management, reading textbooks effectively, exam preparation and study strategies.
- Free student support fairs that encourage and connect you with the wide variety of on-campus services available to support your success.
- Fairs happen throughout the academic year.
- Register in advance or drop in.