Offers of Admission
Basic Requirements for Admission
- To calculate your admission average, we consider your top six 4U/M courses.
- Some programs include the required courses in your top 6. See your program of interest on OUInfo for more information.
- You must have a 4U English at 60% (higher for some programs).
- All required courses must be at 60% (or higher where applicable).
- Each program has specific admission requirements.
Applicant Background Summary (ABS) Form
If your average is below the minimum requirement for your program, your extracurricular information could help you gain admission. This form can be found and submitted online in your Laurier’s Online Registration & Information System (LORIS) account after you apply. More information is provided to applicants in their confirmation of application email from Laurier. The last day to submit the ABS form is: April 28, 2021.
Special Case or Extenuating Circumstances
If recent or present circumstances have impacted your ability to achieve a strong academic standing, email a personal statement to email@example.com. It is your decision to disclose any supporting details.
Failed and Repeated Courses
If you are applying to a program in the Faculty of Science or the Lazaridis School of Business and Economics, we consider repeated courses when calculating your admission average. For all other programs and faculties, we use your highest grade in any repeated courses. We use a weighted average of your first and latest course attempts for required courses only. (Required courses are listed in your program's admission requirements). If you repeat a course that isn't required for admission, we use your highest grade. For all other programs and faculties, we use your highest grade in any repeated courses.
Timing and Process for Admission Decisions
Admission decisions are made on an ongoing basis using available grade information. Your offer of admission is conditional upon your final grades.
December and January
- Admission is based on your best five 3U/M courses.
- You must be enrolled in all 4U/M required courses for your program.
February and March
- Admission is based on your best six 3U/M and/or 4U/M courses, including a minimum of three 4U/M courses.
- You must be enrolled in all 4U/M required courses required for your program.
April and May
- Admission is based on your best six 4U/M courses, including your second-semester midterm grades if applicable.
- For some programs, required courses are included in your admission average.
Did You Know...
We reserve the right to consider additional academic information, which may impact the status of your application, including but not limited to: Repeated courses, consistency of academic performance and when and where courses and/or tests were completed.
We automatically consider you for admission to an alternate program if you are not eligible for your program of choice.
Laurier may use wait lists for competitive programs. If you are placed on a wait list, you will also receive an offer of admission to an alternate program.
If you previously attended a postsecondary institution, you will be notified of your transfer credit assessment with your offer of admission. IB and AP students may be eligible for transfer credits.