Residences and Meal Plans
2023-2024 residence fees: $12,535 – $13,992 (meals included)
* Fees are subject to change.
The majority of Renison's rooms are traditional-style double rooms. These rooms are all recently upgraded.
First-year students may apply for "Link" rooms (which include a semi-private washroom) and single rooms, but the decision is made by lottery.
- Conveniently located in the heart of the University of Waterloo campus and only a short 5-minute walk from most classroom buildings and student hubs (Student Life Centre and Physical Activities Complex).
- Fully renovated rooms with extra storage, new furnishings, and new lighting.
- An all-you-can-eat-style meal plan, plus full access to "My Pantry", a fully stocked cooking area so you can refine your cooking skills.
- Laundry facilities; several student lounges; quiet study areas; on-site library.
- Fully accessible rooms; newly renovated rooms; some rooms with semi-private bathrooms; some air-conditioned rooms.
- Home to the Social Development Studies Living-Learning Community.
- Home to the Warrior Academic Leadership Community.
- Home to the Bridge to Academic Success in English (BASE) Living-Learning Community.
- Do you and a friend both want to live at Renison? Just make sure to list each other as requested roommates in the survey we send you once you've been accepted to live at Renison. We'll do our best to make sure you live together!
- Formal dinner and dance to start and end the year.
- Wireless internet everywhere.
- College Dinners that bring together students, staff, and faculty for a themed meal.
Guarantee your spot in residence by
- accepting your Offer of Admission by 11:59 pm (ET) on June 3, 2024, and
- submitting your First-Year Guarantee Residence Application and a $500 non-refundable deposit by 11:59 pm (ET) on June 8, 2024, and
- meeting any conditions outlined on your Offer of Admission.
Conrad Grebel University College is not part of the residence guarantee and has a separate application and procedure.
All-you-can-eat-style meal plan; bagged lunches and dinners available to accommodate classes over mealtimes; some special diets accommodated.
“My Pantry” is fully stocked by Food Services and available for students to cook for themselves.
At the University of Waterloo, first-year students can live in 1 of the Waterloo residences or in 1 of the University College residences.
For complete residence information, check all 5 residences:
- University of Waterloo
- University of Waterloo – Conrad Grebel University College
- University of Waterloo – Renison University College
- University of Waterloo – St. Jerome's University
- University of Waterloo – United College
- Phone 519-884-4404, ext. 28638
- Email email@example.com