Residences and Meal Plans
$6,373 - $8,481 (includes high-speed internet and all utilities; meals not included). Note: These fees are for 2023-2024. Updated fees for 2024–2025 will be available in March 2024. Fees include 2 terms (8-month contract required).
Single, double and interconnecting rooms are available in traditional and suite-style residences. All first-year residences have single-gender washrooms and suites.
- Roommate request available
- High-speed internet and all utilities included
- Residence Dons on each floor in each building, plus 24/7 in-residence support
- Tutoring-in-residence program and counsellor-in-residence program
- Job and leadership opportunities where you live; both paid and volunteer opportunities available
- Study rooms, fitness facilities, music rooms, multi-faith rooms and libraries
- TV lounges and grocery shuttle
- Barrier-free suites and other accessible accommodations
Once you apply to Waterloo, you're automatically eligible to live in residence. To guarantee your spot, all you need to do is:
- accept your Offer of Admission by 11:59 pm (ET) on June 1, 2024, and
- submit a Residence Guarantee Application Form and a $500 non-refundable deposit by 11:59 pm (ET) on June 1, 2024, and
- meet any conditions outlined on your Offer of Admission.
Conrad Grebel University College is not part of the residence guarantee and has a separate application and procedure.
$500 CAD, non-refundable.
Meal plans are required in traditional-style residences (declining balance meal plan starting at $5,930 and are optional for suite-style residences).
Note: These fees are for 2022–2023 and are based on 2 terms. Updated fees will be available in March 2024 on the Campus housing website.
Refer to our interactive budget calculator for specific costs of residence, meal plans, tuition and more.
You will receive acknowledgement and information about the next steps either from Campus Housing or from the individual University College residence where you were placed.
If you would like to live in residence, first-year students can live in 1 of the main Campus Housing residences or in 1 of 4 University College residences (which are smaller residences located on Waterloo's main campus).
For complete residence information, check out all 5 residences:
- University of Waterloo Campus Housing
- University of Waterloo – Conrad Grebel University College
- University of Waterloo – Renison University College
- University of Waterloo – St. Jerome's University
- University of Waterloo – United College
- Phone 519-888-4567, ext. 32679
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org